Massage during pregnancy can help you adjust to the dramatic changes you are experiencing as you prepare for childbirth.
There are many well-documented benefits to pregnancy massage like the ones listed below but also research has also shown that in mothers-to-be suffering from depression, experiencing regular pregnancy massage helped to significantly reduce depression and back pain, it also led to significantly fewer premature babies and babies with lower birth weights.
If you would like to read more on the benefits of pregnancy massage, you can download booklets called ‘The Magic of Touch’ and ‘Revealing the Evidence Behind the Magic of Touch’ from the following link;
A combination of techniques such as Swedish, Acupressure, Deep Tissue and Indian Head Massage, Shiatsu and Lymphatic Drainage will be used. Gentle stretching, exercises and focus on breathing may also be included.
Pregnancy Massage is usually undertaken with you in the side-lying position, or semi-reclining while you are well supported with cushions for optimum comfort.
- Reduces anxiety and promotes relaxation
- Reduces nausea
- Reduces breathlessness
- Boosts energy levels
- Relieves muscular tension and headaches
- Provides nurturing and emotional support
- Promotes better sleep (and encourage your baby to rest)
- Prevents oedema or swelling of joints and limbs
- Reduces varicose veins and prevents stretch marks
- Encourages the baby into the correct foetal position (through gentle exercises)
- Ensures postural awareness and corrects poor posture
- Relieves ‘restless limbs’
- Alleviates stress on weight-bearing joints
Pregnancy Massage is a deeply relaxing restorative treatment and will be tailored entirely to your needs and your stage in pregnancy whether it be your 1st, 2nd or 3rd trimester.