Sports massage can benefit everyone, both professional and amateur, as well as non-sporting individuals due to its many benefits.
All treatments are individually tailored to your needs where the aim is to restore proper function to injured muscle tissue, tendons and ligaments.
Many conditions can be treated including neck pain, back pain, rotator cuff injuries, frozen shoulder, runners knee, shin splints, RSI’s, golfers/tennis elbow, sprains, plantar fasciitis. Treatments may involve assisted stretching techniques, known as METs (muscle energy techniques), STR (soft tissue release) and neuromuscular techniques as appropriate.
- Maintain the body generally in better condition
- Restores proper function to injured muscle tissue, tendons and ligaments helping to prevent further injury
- Increases mobility and flexibility to joints and muscles
- Pain reduction
- Increases circulation to the tight or damaged muscle supplying vital nutrients and energy to repair
- Increases tissue permeability helping to remove waste products such as lactic acid and encourage the muscles to take up oxygen and nutrients which help them recover quicker
- Stretches muscle fibres and fascia surrounding muscles, releasing any tension or pressure build up
- Breaks down scar tissue which can lead to inflexible tissues that are prone to injury and pain
- Improves tissue elasticity making injury less likely
- Opens micro-circulation enabling nutrients to pass through more easily